It’s hard to find a tasty healthy chewy granola bar recipe. Many of the recipes come out crunchy or use sugar and aren’t healthy. This recipe is not only chewy and healthy, but it even has a chocolate coating. This recipe was adapted from minimalistbaker.com .
If you are just looking for granola (not in a bar shape), check out these recipes.
- 1 cup medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup crispy brown rice cereal no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- 6 oz whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350. Chop nuts. Arrange nuts and oats on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- While nuts and oats are roasting, add dates, honey, and peanut butter to a food processor. Process until dough forms. Remove from food processor and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add nuts, oats, and cereal to the date mixture in the bowl. Stir until well combined. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press mixture out onto baking sheet into a flat rectangle about 1 inch thick. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in honey and cocoa powder until smooth. Let stand 10 minutes. Spread over oats mixture. Return to fridge for 15 minutes. Remove from fridge and cut into bars. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.