Quick and easy and even-kid-pleasy, this healthy baked ziti is easy enough to make just about any time!
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat pasta ziti
- 1 onion diced
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 jars marinara with no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 oz mozzarella shredded
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Cook beef, onions, pepper, salt, garlic, and bell peppers in a skillet. Cook until beef is browned. While beef is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions.Drain. In a greased 13X9 baking dish, place half of the pasta. Top with half the beef, top with 1 jar sauce. Top with 4 slices provolone. Top with half the sour cream. Repeat layers. Top with mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan, and bake 10 more minutes.