Like most of my favorites, this Healthy Amish Country Hamburger Steaks recipe uses simple ingredients, simple methods, and hits the spot perfectly.
- 2 lbs ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 box 100% whole grain crackers 1.5 cups, crushed, green tier, see notes
- 1 cup milk we used whole
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt or more or less, to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or more or less, to taste
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mushroom broth green tier
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a glass 13X9 baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine beef, crushed crackers, milk, italian seasoning, garlic, onion, and cayenne.
- Combine just until mixed. Form into approximately 8 patties.
- Add flour to a shallow dish. Dredge patties in flour.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 1-2 min per side just until browned.
- Remove patties from skillet and add to prepared baking dish. Pour gravy over patties. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until patties are no longer pink.
- Blend cream cheese, milk, and mushroom broth until smooth. Stir in chopped parsley.
This Post Has 0 Comments