This Garden Gratin has veggies, cheese, and, if you want, ham. I’m in! You can get your veggies pretty easily in this tasty dish.
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup 100% whole wheat flour or brown rice flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 carrot grated or thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until melted. Add onion and garlic. Sauté 2-3 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. Saute 5 minutes. Place vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and heat until melted. Add flour. Whisk until smooth. Stir in milk.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to vegetable mixture. Stir well. Add to baking dish. Top with both cheeses.
- Bake at 400 25-30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.