Make lasagna easier with this healthy Crockpot Lasagna recipe. It uses 100% whole grain pasta, clean ingredients, and your slow cooker for a family favorite that doesn’t take a lot of work.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 8 each 100% whole wheat lasagna noodles broken into large pieces
- 1/2 bag frozen sliced carrots
- 1/2 bag frozen diced onions
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz.
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz, with no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Serve.
- NOTE: The noodles are still great in this recipe, but if you prefer more "al dente" noodles, just leave them out until the last 30-45 minutes. You can also use any pasta you wish such as shells or penne, if you prefer.
Pin this healthy crockpot lasagna recipe to your favorite Pinterest boards so you don’t lose it. Use the pin icon below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on slow cooker boards, Italian boards, and more.
This Post Has 2 Comments
[…] crockpot lasagna is another favorite that would probably come out cheaper than McDonald’s as […]