A true one-dish wonder, Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken is dairy-free, gluten-free, paleo, and, of course, delicious!
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast about 2 lbs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 pint mushrooms quartered
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup fresh basil cut into ribbons
- Cut Chicken into bite-sized chunks. Combine starch, salt, and pepper in a large zip top bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat chicken. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the coconut oil in a large skillet. Add chicken. Brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside. (Note: chicken does not have to be cooked all the way through at this point.)
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion. Sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, italian seasoning, spinach, and mushrooms. Sauté until spinach is wilted a bit and mixed in.
- Add coconut milk, broth and chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with shredded basil.