Welcome to another edition of “whatever you want this recipe to be, that’s what it is.” Need a main dish? Make these Crab-Stuffed Tomatoes in full-sized tomatoes. Need an appetizer? Make these in cherry tomatoes. Need meat-free? Use jackfruit instead of crab. Don’t like fish or shellfish? Use canned chicken instead of crab. Need dairy-free? Use unsweetened coconut yogurt and vegan mozzarella.
- 8 tomato medium to large sized
- 12 oz crab meat see notes
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 green onion sliced
- 3 Tbsp 100% whole grain breadcrumbs see notes
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar or regular balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning such as Old Bay®
- 6 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut a very thin slice off the bottom of each tomato, just enough to see that it sits upright in the dish. Cut a circle around the stem, and remove stem. Scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving a hollow tomato. Place in casserole dish and repeat with remaining tomatoes.
- Combine crab, bell pepper, green onions, breadcrumbs, vinegar, Old Bay®, yogurt, and mozzarella in a medium bowl. Stir well. Stuff mixture into tomatoes.
- Bake at 350, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.