Don’t be afraid of using tofu in recipes. It’s loaded with healthy protein and takes on the flavor of whatever spices you’re using, in this case pure deliciousness. These clean eating vegan burritos (or vegetarian if you like cheese) are da bomb. Go make them!
This recipe was adapted from thecrowdedtable.com.
- 8 oz extra firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 10 oz frozen diced green bell peppers
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 4 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, for garnish, optional
- 8 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla gluten free is fine
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese optional
- 1 each avocado optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream optional
- Press tofu in a tofu press or between thick layers of paper towels and under something heavy. (I use a cast iron skillet.) Let press 20 minutes.
- Dice tofu. Heat oil until hot. Add tofu, garlic, and onions. Saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add peppers and cook another 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir well. Let cook 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro. Fill tortillas with tofu mixture. Top with cheese, if using. Roll up. Top with avocado and sour cream if using.
This Post Has 0 Comments