Tender, juicy, sweet, tangy healthy chicken teriyaki.
Instant Pot Instructions Included!
Try making this as part of an entire Hawaiian Plate Lunch, complete with Kalua Pork and Mac Salad.
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 4 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp honey or pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch optional
All Cooking Methods
- Combine sesame oil, chicken, Bragg Liquid Aminos, water, honey, garlic, and ginger in a large zip top plastic bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- We will be using the pot-in-pot method to cook the rice and the chicken at the same time. We will finish the chicken in the oven for the best flavor.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot®. Pour marinade over chicken. Top chicken with a metal steamer rack. Combine rice and water in an oven safe bowl that will fit inside your Instant Pot®. Place bowl on top of steamer rack.
- Cover and set to sealing. Program for manual-high, and set time for 6 minutes. When time is up, allow natural pressure release for 10 minutes before releasing steam manually. Preheat oven to 450.
- Remove rice bowl, and fluff rice with fork. Set aside.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- If desired, for thicker sauce, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water. Add slurry to sauce in Instant Pot® and stir to combine. Program for sauté. Heat to boiling and simmer until thick. (If no thicker sauce is desired, proceed to next step.)
- Brush sauce over chicken. Bake at 450 for 5-8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. Remove chicken from marinade. Reserve marinade. Add chicken to greased oven-safe baking dish. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine rice and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- While chicken and rice are cooking, add reserved marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes.
- For a thicker sauce, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water and add to sauce in saucepan. Stir well and return to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes or until thick.
- Brush sauce over chicken and return to oven, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes.
This Post Has 3 Comments
This was good. Family liked it too!
Used my instant pot; loved that I could make the rice & the chicken together!
This was good & need to make again soon. I may try using the pineapple juice this time to make it slightly sweeter.
Pineapple juice not from concentrate would make this 100% green tier too!