This Gluten Free Chicken and Dumplings recipe is as fast and as easy, but does not include any chemicals, gluten, dairy or processed ingredients of the normal version. We’re going to chalk this one up to 100% green tier, and we’re gonna enjoy every bite!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 32 oz Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables 14 oz
- 3/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or safflower oil
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk unsweetened
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Place chicken in a large stockpot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot. Add flour. Whisk until smooth. Add broth, slowly, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil.
- Add frozen vegetables and shredded cooked chicken. Cook 15 minutes.
- Add dumplings, pressing slightly to submerge, and let boil 20 minutes or until dumplings are done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and olive oil. Stir well.
- Add milk and stir just until combined.
- Form dumplings into 2 inch (ish) dough balls. Use a scoop (see notes) or two spoons for best results. Batter should be too wet to roll into a ball.