These Caramelized Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa might have a fancy name, but there’s no reason to save them for a fancy occasion.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp onion finely diced
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 lb pork tenderloin sliced into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup cilantro optional, chopped
- 1 lime wedged, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup hot sauce no sugar listed in ingredients
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalepeño. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to high. Add the pork and worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Over very high heat, add honey and water. Stir once, then allow the pork to caramelize for about 1 minute. Stir, then let cook without stirring 1 minute. Then stir. Repeat this process until pork is golden brown.
- Toss pineapple, avocado, cucumber, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sour cream and hot sauce. Add to a clean squeeze bottle (optional).
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels. Microwave on high one minute.
- Arrange pork over tortillas. Top with salsa and sour cream mixture. Serve with additional cilantro and lime wedges, optional.