Well I do declare! These Healthy Cajun Fish Sandwiches are your direct link to everything the South has to offer: charm, hospitality, and just a touch of heat.
- 4 fish filet 4 oz each, such as cod
- 1 1/2 cups flaked corn cereal no sugar listed in ingredients, such as Nature's Path®, crushed
- 1/2 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 egg separated
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns
- 1 tomato large, sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 Tbsp clean barbeque sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, such as Hak's®
- Place cereal, flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil, buttermilk powder, and cajun seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow dish. Reserve egg yolks for another use, or discard.
- Dip each fish filet into egg whites, and then into cereal mix.
- Heat butter in a large skillet. Add fish. Cook 4-6 minutes, turning once, or until coating is browned and fish is cooked through.
- Place 1 fish filet, 1 slice onion, 1 slice tomato, 1 leaf lettuce, and 2 tablespoons bbq sauce on each bottom bun. Top with bun tops.
For gluten free, substitute whole grain gluten free flour for the whole wheat flour.
This Post Has One Comment
Love! This fish was so tasty!