Looking for something a little outside the box? Look no further than this Broccoli-Sweet Potato Rice. “Ricing” broccoli and sweet potatoes combines veggies and starches and makes a gorgeous (did I just type that? I did. and I mean it.) side dish for any 1-2-3 Eat! dish.
- 15 oz riced broccoli or 1 lb fresh broccoli, grated
- 1 sweet potato large
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Peel sweet potato. Process sweet potato using a spiralizer first, then place the spiralized potato strings into a food processor. Process until potato resembles small, rice-like bits.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add potato and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 more minutes. Add broth and let simmer until all liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
This Post Has One Comment