I first learned how to make this recipe using Pillsbury Canned Crescent Rolls, mayo, and Tyson southwest flavored chicken, which, as you know, are not very 90/10 friendly. I think this adaptation of Brocco-Taco Pockets, using homemade pizza dough instead of the highly processed canned bread, yogurt instead of mayo, and real chicken and taco seasoning, works much better!
Brocco-Taco Pocket Filling
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and finely chopped
- 1 lb broccoli finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 3/8 cup water warmed
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 1/8 cup Chili Powder
- 1/8 cup cumin
- 1/4 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add liquid ingredients first, then dry ingredients. Add yeast last. Mix on low speed 4-6 minutes or until dough ball forms and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide pizza dough in 8 equal portions. Roll each portion to 1/8 inch thick rectangle. In a medium bowl, combine chopped chicken, broccoli, cheese and taco seasoning. Fill each rectangle with chicken mixture. Bring long sides up and pinch to seal. Pinch ends to seal. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.