It’s Christmas Day, and you have company coming, and you want to feed them well, and you want them to be impressed, and you want it to taste good, and you want to fill their bellies with healthy food made, most of all, with love.
But, you don’t want to spend all dang day in the kitchen! Christmas is NOT about slaving away while the rest of the family opens presents, laughs, plays, cuddles, and—dare I say? Kisses under the mistletoe. No, Christmas is about being together. Spending TIME together.
So, short of ordering pizza, what do you do? I mean, not everyone can have their family Christmas catered.
Well, one idea is this Christmas Menu from 90/10 Nutrition!
- Stuffed Flank Steak
- Spring Greens Salad in Edible Parmesan Bowls
- Roasted Green Beans with Grape Tomatoes
- Cauliflower-Stuffed Grilled Bell Peppers
This meal will not only be eye candy for your guests, but it will wow their palates too! Check it out! (this meal serves 4—if you have more people, adjust amounts accordingly.)
Hey LOOK! The recipe is right here! No scrolling your life away reading our life story. If that's your style, give us a share.
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
Stuffed Flank Steak
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot. Add garlic. Saute' 30 sec, then add spinach. Saute’ 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Open steak. Spread spinach, tomatoes, and peppers on open steak. Roll up. Secure with toothpicks or cooking twine.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Turn oven to broil, and broil 5 minutes. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing. Remove twine, slice and serve.
Spring Greens Salad in Edible Parmesan Bowls
- First, make your bowls. Heat a small skillet over med heat. Add 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese. Spread the cheese to cover the bottom of the skillet. Allow to cook until bubbly and browned. While still hot, turn cheese out onto an overturned glass or glass bowl. Gently press sides down to form an upside-down bowl (be careful! Cheese will be hot!). Allow to cool. Remove from glass and set aside. Repeat for each bowl. Bowls will keep several days in an airtight container.
- Add spring greens to each parmesan bowl. Top with halved grape tomatoes, cubed cucumbers, and Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing.
Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend and serve.
Roasted Green Beans With Grape Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss beans and tomatoes in olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Serve. (Red and green GOODNESS! For red, green, and white, add chopped cauliflower before tossing in oil.)
Cauliflower-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Preheat grill over med heat. Steam cauliflower until soft. Add cauliflower to food processor. Process until smooth. Add shredded gouda, sour cream, butter, green onions, and salt. Process until smooth. Scoop into 4 bell pepper halves
- Grill over med-low heat for 10 minutes or until peppers are browned and cauliflower mixture is hot.