You might know Chicken and Dumplings as the processed version: condensed soup, bisquick, etc. This Chicken and Dumplings is as fast and as easy, but does not include any chemicals or processed ingredients. We’re going to chalk this one up to 100% green tier, and we’re gonna enjoy every bite!
Hey LOOK! The recipe is right here! No scrolling your life away reading our life story. If that's your style, give us a share.
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Place chicken in a large stockpot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Shred with two forks. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot. Add flour. Whisk until smooth. Add broth, slowly, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil.
- Add frozen vegetables and shredded cooked chicken. Cook 15 minutes.
- Add dumplings, pressing slightly to submerge, cover, and let boil 20 minutes or until dumplings are done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, buttermilk powder (if using), and olive oil. Stir well.
- Add milk and stir just until combined.
- Form dumplings into 2 inch (ish) dough balls. Use a scoop (see notes) or two spoons for best results. Batter should be too wet to roll into a ball.
- Add chicken and 1 cup water to instant pot. Lock lid, and set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 12 minutes. When cook time ends, release pressure (QR). Remove and shred chicken; set aside. Drain water and return insert to instant pot.
- Program for sauté. Add butter. When butter is melted, stir in 1/2 cup flour. Stir until smooth. Slowly stir in chicken broth. Stir and heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, shredded chicken, and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup flour, baking powder, buttermilk powder, oil, milk, and salt. Stir until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by the spoonful onto the hot stew. Gently rest the lid on the instant pot (do not lock and do not seal). Let cook 20 minutes.