This delicious banana bread is completely green tier and is sweetened with bananas and applesauce only. The spelt flour also makes this bread gluten free, a healthy alternative to eating grains.
You can bake this either in a bundt pan or in a traditional loaf pan – we have tried both. It looks spectacular in the bundt pan, but is slightly more difficult to get it baked all the way through. If you are not an experienced baker, the loaf pan is therefore an easier choice. The bread requires a longer baking time than other banana bread recipes because of the applesauce, but it will stay moist and delicious for days.
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas with a fork, then add apple sauce, milk, olive oil, vanilla and nuts and stir to mix.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10×4 inch (25×10 cm) loaf pan or 8 inch (20 cm) round bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, the baking time varies according to oven.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn the pan to remove the banana bread and leave to cool completely for a couple of hours.
- Ready to serve. The bread will stay moist for days. Keep in the fridge.