Gourmet grilled cheese, anyone? Try these Blackberry-Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Any fruit-juice-sweetened spread will work here, but I like the color combo of the purple varieties like blackberries and blueberries. And, PS: if you dip this in ketchup I will find out and I will come to your house and slap it out of your hand.
This recipe was adapted from simplystacie.net
- 8 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread no high fructose corn syrup
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 8 oz brie cheese softened
- 4 Tbsp blackberry fruit only spread such as Polaner All Fruit
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Spread butter on one side only of all bread. Spread brie on non-buttered side of 4 slices of the bread. Spread fruit spread over brie. Top with remaining bread, buttered side out.
- Cook sandwiches, butter side down, in hot skillet 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and melty.