The combination of flavors in these Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Quesadillas really can’t be beat. It’s like the trifecta of sports bar food, amiright? Except when you order it from a sports bar, it’s not likely to be too healthy. This is a much healthier quesadilla, without sacrificing flavor. We like serving these with our Instant Pot Black Bean Soup.
- 8 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 each jalapeno
- 4 oz uncured bacon no sugar listed in ingredients
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Add bacon. Cook until crispy, turning once. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Allow to cool.
- Remove stem, membranes and seeds from jalapeño. Chop. Add chopped jalapeños to hot bacon grease. Cook until tender-crisp and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Discard any remaining grease and wipe out skillet with paper towels. Chop bacon.
- Spread 1/2 Tbsp butter on one side of one tortilla. Add tortilla, butter side down, to the hot skillet. Top with 1/4 the cheese, 1/4 the bacon, and 1/4 the jalapenos. Spread butter on one side of another tortilla. Place butter side up on top of the quesadilla in skillet.
- Cook 2 minutes or until browned. Carefully turn over. Cook 2 minutes on the other side or until browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, bacon, and jalapeños.
This Post Has 0 Comments