These healthy air fryer crab cakes are also low carb or keto. They’re crispy and delicious! You can find real crab meat in cans in the refrigerated meats section of most grocers. Imitation crab meat is loaded with added sugars, chemicals, and colors and would not make a healthy substitute for the real stuff.
If you’re looking for an air fryer, we’ve tried a couple of air fryers and like this Cuisinart one the best.
This recipe was adapted from phillipsfoods.com.
- 1 lb crab meat real crab, not imitation
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce no sugar added; see notes
- 1 each egg
- 2 tsp mayonnaise no sugar added; see notes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp green onion chopped
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into 8 patties.
- Place patties in air fryer in a single layer about 1/2 inch apart.
- Air fry at 375 for 8-9 min, or until golden and cooked through.
Save this air fryer low carb crab cakes recipe to your Pinterest boards so you don’t lose it. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This one would go great on any keto boards, LCHF boards, or air fryer boards.
We made these air fryer crab cakes in our favorite air fryer by Cuisinart. The shallow basket style is awesome, and the fact that it can be used as your toaster oven also helps a ton. You can get this model on Amazon here.
Keto, gluten free, no deep frying, quick, easy…everything you could want in a recipe. See below for some side dish ideas.
Air Fryer Crab Cakes - Sides and Condiments
If you want to keep the whole meal low carb, you could serve these air fryer crab cakes just like we did: On a base of keto cauliflower mash with a side of simple steamed broccoli.
The easiest thing to do is to just pick a “starch” and a green veggie as a side. If you are keeping it low carb, a starch substitute like the cauliflower mash will work. If not, go for a sweet potato or brown rice. Then, just steam up a green veggie and you’re good to go.