Spaghetti and meatballs, or a burger? How about both? The bun takes the place of the pasta here, but you get similar flavors with these “Sketti Burgers”.
- 1 lb ground turkey 90% lean or leaner
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup mozzarella grated
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns no HFCS
- 4 tsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 head curly lettuce torn to bite-sized pieces
- 2 tomato cut into wedges
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Preheat grill and broiler. Combine turkey, Italian seasoning and parmesan in a bowl. Form into 4 patties. Grill patties 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to desired doneness. While burgers are cooking, arrange buns, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Brush cut sides of all buns with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Watch closely; they will burn fast. Place 1 burger on 1 bottom bun; top with 1/4 c. mozzarella. Repeat with remaining burgers and remaining bottom buns. Return to broiler. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Remove from oven. Top each burger with 2 Tbsp. sauce and top bun.
- Divide the torn lettuce leaves evenly among 4 bowls. Top evenly with tomatoes and cucumbers. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar.