This easy, healthy, and delicious whipped feta dip will soon become a favorite for you. It has for me! Salty feta with lemon and garlic, infused with flavor from fresh basil and olive oil, all whipped up into a creamy dip for whole grain breads (try pita wedges!) or fresh veggies.
I was especially pleased with how this simple recipe paired with sugar snap pea pods and sliced fresh cucumber for a savory snack or accompaniment to something like a Grazer’s Lunch or Low Carb Lunch Kit.
NOTE: Cow’s milk feta holds up here better than sheep’s milk feta.
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 8 oz feta cheese cow's milk variety
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt grass-fed, full-fat preferred
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts optional
- Combine lemon juice and garlic. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain feta.
- Add feta, reserved lemon juice mixture, and yogurt to a food processor. Process until grainy, about 20 seconds. With processor running, drizzle 2 T. olive oil into the feta mixture. Continue to process about 2 more minutes, scraping bowl as necessary. Add basil and pulse to combine.
- To serve immediately, drizzle with remaining oil and top with pine nuts (if desired). Garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired.
To Make Ahead
- Whipped Feta Dip can be made up to 3 days in advance. To make ahead, make as directed above but don't add the drizzle of olive oil or the pine nuts yet. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 30 min before serving. To Serve, drizzle with remaining oil and top with pine nuts (if using) before serving. Garnish with additional fresh basil, if desired.
Pin this healthy whipped feta dip recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, appetizer boards, keto/low carb boards, meal prep boards, and more.
We served this with a beautiful pairing platter of various cheeses, veggies, whole grain crackers and more. Just pick the items that you love and fit your style.
This whipped feta dip is a great low carb or keto replacement for hummus!