Pho! Little title, big flavor. This healthy Spicy Shrimp Pho has no refined ingredients, no processed foods, no preservatives, no added sugar, and packs a wallop of flavor that will not disappoint.
Of course, just as with ramen in Japan, the broth in authentic pho is a very complex and serious thing. With this healthy spicy shrimp pho, we’re going for an easy, home version that will satisfy your craving for pho without making a complex broth. We did the same thing with our Easy Shoyu Ramen recipe here.
This goes together in a matter of a few minutes and still has amazing flavor. Plus, you get to control the ingredients and use whole grain and even gluten free noodles.
If you are a true pho lover, you can make this at home often and go out to your favorite pho restaurant every once in a while as a treat.
This recipe was originally adapted from chefsavvy.com. You can get the brown rice noodles we used in this recipe on Amazon here.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno minced
- 8 cups Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 1 cup button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 each carrot grated
- 1 each red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 12 oz shrimp large, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp green onion thinly silced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- Add oil to a medium skillet. Heat until hot. Add garlic and jalapeno. Saute 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Bring broth to a boil. Add noodles. Cook 1 minute. Remove noodles with a slotted spoon or pasta server. Divide noodles evenly among 4 bowls.
- Add sautéed garlic and jalapeños, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrot and shrimp to the boiling broth. Boil 2 minutes. Add lime juice, sesame oil, and pepper. Ladle shrimp, broth, and vegetables over noodles. Top with green onions, and cilantro.
This Post Has 0 Comments