There is never a wrong time to throw together a simple garlicky healthy marinade, toss in some chicken, and then grill. This simple marinated grilled chicken is a perfect 1-2-3 Eat! protein, and pairs with just about any veggie or starch. It’s low carb and gluten free and dairy free, so it’s perfect for “special needs” eaters without compromising flavor or having to substitute “weird” ingredients or products. It’s just real food, which, of course, is the best kind.
The marinade would suit skinless chicken thighs as well as skinless chicken breasts or even a turkey tenderloin. Feel free to play around with different cuts of poultry to change it up even more.
When you start with a simple, flavorful, healthy marinade, add chicken breasts and a grill, the possibilities are endless.
Creamy Garlic Marinade
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast about 4 small breasts
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. 6 servings. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If dressing hardens in the fridge, return to room temperature to use by running warm water over the container or microwaving if it is in a microwave safe container.
- Add marinade to a large bag or large glass baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken and close bag or cover dish tightly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Pin this marinated grilled chicken recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, grilling boards, low carb or keto boards, and more.
The sides for this healthy grilled marinated chicken are endless, but we love it with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon and Healthy Mashed Turnips for low carb or Keto. Would also be good, like so many things are, with 7 Minute Green Beans or Simple Roasted Asparagus. Throw in a few Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes or Garlic Oregano Knots for a lovely presentation and meal.
This Post Has 0 Comments