Quinoa-Black Bean Tacos are so easy and quick that you can make them on the busiest of weeknights. In fact, sometimes you can even find frozen quinoa these days and make this even quicker.
I try to do 1-2 meatless meals per week, not because it’s healthy (there’s nothing unhealthy about lean meats), but because it’s easy, tasty, and cost effective. Veggie Tacos are one of my favorite meatless meals. So quick, so easy, so tasty. You’ll never even miss the meat!
You can find more meatless options HERE.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can black beans 15 oz, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortilla
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 avocado diced, for topping, if desired
- 1/2 cup sour cream for topping, if desired
90/10 Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 package shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2. tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Add 1 c. water and quinoa to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 min or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add salsa, broth, and taco seasoning. Boil 10 min.
- Stir in beans and corn. Heat 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime and cilantro.
- Add filling to corn tortillas. Top with avocado and sour cream, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients. Allow to marinate 30 min before serving.
This Post Has 0 Comments