This healthy Mediterranean Minestrone soup recipe uses 100% whole wheat pasta and a different combination of veggies than your average minestrone. This would be great with some whole grain bread or biscuits.
- 1 bag frozen sliced carrots 10 oz.
- 1 bag frozen diced onions 10 oz.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 cans garbanzo beans rinsed and drained, 15 oz.
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 bag frozen green beans 12 oz
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pasta elbows
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
Mediterranean Minestrone: Cook Immediately
- Combine all ingredients except green beans, pasta, and cheese in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Add green beans and pasta. Cook on high an additional 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve in bowls, and top with cheese.
Mediterranean Minestrone: To Freeze
- Add all ingredients except green beans, pasta and cheese to a one gallon zip top freezer bag. Label and freeze. (Make sure frozen shape of the bag will fit in your slow cooker)
Mediterranean Minestrone: To Cook From Frozen
- Remove resealable bag and add frozen meal to a slow cooker. Cook on high 6 hours or low 8 hours. Add green beans and pasta. Cook on high an additional 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve in bowls, and top with cheese.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Looks like something I would like. I will have to try soon.
[…] GO TO RECIPE […]