These Instant Pot Egg Bites are low carb, keto, paleo, gluten free, and just about every other diet buzzword you can think of! Haha! We’re usually not into buzzwords around here (except maybe “clean eating”), but we do love recipes that are easy and use REAL FOOD and this is a great example. Of course, they go well with the only acceptable hot sauce for eggs…Cholula. If you were thinking about Tabasco, just leave now (mostly kidding).
Check the recipe notes for some thoughts on what cookware to use in your Instant Pot.
This recipes was adapted from and inspired by thelatinahousewife.com.
- 12 egg
- 10 oz uncured bacon see notes
- 6 oz gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- hot sauce optional, to taste
- Cook the bacon first (any way you like). You can cook it in the oven or on a griddle or a pan on the stove. Example: Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay bacon slices on parchment, trying not to let them touch. Bake at 400 20 min. Allow to cool slightly. Crumble.
- Add eggs, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Beat with a whisk until beaten.
- Fill silicone muffin cups (or whatever cookware you are using. see notes) to about halfway. Add 1 Tbsp crumbled bacon and 1 Tbsp cheese. Add more egg to about 1/2 inch from the top of the muffin cups. Top with a bit more cheese and bacon.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot liner. Set muffin cups on a trivet in your instant pot (or the metal rack that came with it). Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 10 minutes. You may need to do this in batches depending on your cookware.
- When cook time ends, carefully move the valve to venting and release the remaining steam. Top with hot sauce if desired.
- To freeze, prepare as directed above, and allow to cool completely. Remove egg bites from cups and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze overnight. Once frozen, add to a large freezer bag or individually wrap in plastic wrap.
- To heat after freezing, wrap in a paper towel and cook 2-3 minutes on defrost setting in microwave. Top with hot sauce if desired.
This Post Has 5 Comments
I may have to try this but add some veges.
I tried this and it was pretty good. I did see on other recipes where the mold was wrapped in foil. I didn’t see that here. Is that a preference? This is the first time that I have made these. Thanks for the recipe!
I don’t know why that would make a difference!
Instant Pot Bacon Gouda Egg bites recipe, for those of us who don’t have an Instapot – do you have a suggestion on the best way to cook this?
Sounds wonderful and I’d like to try it.
Hey Linda, sorry for the late reply. You can follow a similar method to this: https://www.9010nutrition.com/keto-breakfast-egg-muffins/