While it may be hard to find freezer waffles, like Eggo® brand, that are healthy and that contain good-for-us ingredients, it isn’t hard to make your own with this healthy toaster waffles recipe.
You can have whole grain freezer waffles for your toaster!
- 1 vanilla bean or 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder or powdered soy milk
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegan egg replacement such as Neat Egg®
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- Scrape seeds out of the vanilla bean, if using. Add seeds, if using, or extract if not, flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, egg replacer in a bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups water and melted butter. Mix well. Batter might be slightly lumpy. Pour by the 1/4 cupful* onto greased, hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions. (Leave waffles slightly undercooked for freezing and toasting later.)
- Allow to cool completely. Layer waffles between layers of parchment paper. Add to a freezable container. Close tightly and freeze. Use within 3 months for best results.
To Heat After Freezing
- Add frozen waffles to a toaster or toaster oven. Toast to desired doneness.
Pin this healthy toast waffles recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, breakfast boards, freezer meal boards, and more.
We used the Dash Mini Maker to make perfect toaster-sized waffles and 1/4 cup batter was perfect for each waffle. Your waffle maker might require more or less batter.
This Post Has 0 Comments