Peanut butter and Jelly is arguably one of the best sandwiches in the world, whether you’re headed off to kindergarten, a day at the office, or just kicking back at home and binging netflix. Both young and old enjoy this timeless classic, and now it’s clean (eating) and healthy, and not just ooey gooey comfort food. We love healthy Peanut butter and Jelly!
Note, we used our Copycat Dave’s Killer Bread for testing purposes. Any 100% whole grain bread with no high fructose corn syrup is acceptable, including gluten free.
- 2 each 100% Whole Grain Bread such as Dave's Killer Bread
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter no sugar listed in ingredients, or more or less, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fruit only preserves such as Polaner All Fruit, or more or less, to taste
- Optionally toast bread. Smear peanut butter on one side of one slice of bread. Smear preserves on one side of the other slice of bread. Place bread together so that the peanut butter mixes with the jelly.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or store in a zip top freezer bag, squeezing out as much air as you can. Freeze up to 2 months.To eat after freezing, allow to thaw and eat. (Hint: if you take it out of the freezer in the morning, it should be thawed by lunch time. Perfect for kids' lunches!)