All the flavors of your favorite juicy cheeseburger combine in this one easy to make Healthy Cheeseburger Casserole that your kids will love.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 6 oz 100% whole wheat pasta rotini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1/2 cup Ketchup no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dill pickles finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook beef and garlic 7 minutes or until beef is cooked through, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add salt, pepper, tomato paste, tomatoes, ketchup, pickles (optional) and mustard. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in pasta. Add pasta and meat mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.