These healthy Cheddar Bay Biscuits are just like mom used to make…and, by “mom” I mean Red Lobster®. (wink, wink)
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 3/4 cup water ice cold
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Stir in cheese. Make a well in the center of the mixture, and add water. Stir just until ingredients are moistened. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden. While biscuits are baking, mix melted butter, parsley, and garlic. When biscuits are done, brush immediately with butter mixture. Makes about 12.
- Bake as directed. Freeze in an airtight container. To use after freezing, heat for 10 min in a 350 degree oven.