This healthy Brown Butter Tilapia is such a simple meal! It’s perfect for a weeknight or for when you forgot to plan something. Frozen tilapia thaws very quickly (and cooks quickly too!).
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tilapia filet or other white fish
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon for garnish, optional
- 3 Tbsp Pistachios shelled and chopped
- Place almond meal, salt, and pepper in a large zip top bag. Add filets. Shake to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When it sizzles, reduce heat to medium-low. Shake excess flour off 2 filets and add to pan. Cook until golden brown and crisp, then turn. (Cook about 2 minutes per side.) Remove filets to a plate and repeat with remaining butter and remaining filets.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cook until it begins to brown. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and pour over fish. Sprinkle with pistachios. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.