Healthy Banana Crumb Muffins…just like grandma used to make! (Except without all the processed ingredients.)
- 1 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 banana ripe, smashed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar brown
- 2 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine bananas, butter, egg, and honey in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Fold just until moistened. Add batter to a greased muffin pan, approximately 3 tablespoons of batter per well.
- Combine Crumb Topping ingredients. Sprinkle crumb topping over batter (about 1-2 teaspoons per well). Bake at 375 for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Freeze any uneaten muffins for later.