Let the bright colors of this dish delight and excite you! Nothing like some healthy grilled shrimp and veggies, made to shine in a delicious mediterranean marinade, to make your weeknight special. You can serve these Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp Bowls with brown rice or go low carb with some cauliflower rice.
This recipe was adapted from themediterraneandish.com.
Shrimp and Veggies
- 2 lbs shrimp thawed, if frozen, and deveined
- 1/2 package mini bell peppers halved and seeded
- 3 each roma tomato halved
- 1 each red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms stemmed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped, optional
- 2 cups brown rice cooked, optional (or cauliflower rice)
- Combine marinade ingredients. Add shrimp, onions, tomatoes, and peppers to a large zip top plastic bag or 13X9 glass baking dish. Pour marinade over shrimp mixture. Let marinate at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Spray grill basket with cooking spray. Place grill basket on preheated grill. Remove shrimp and vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade. Add shrimp and vegetables to the grill pan (be careful, as any drips of marinade could splatter, spit, or flare up). Grill 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimps are opaque and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Optionally serve over cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice and garnish with parsley.
Oh, the colors and flavors of these Grilled Mediterranean Shrimp Bowls are just outstanding. You’re going to love it.