- 1 lb ground turkey 90% lean or leaner
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs. Arrange meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- To freeze: Allow the meatballs to cool on the baking sheet and then freeze them for several hours. Don't let them touch during freezing. If you can freeze them on the baking sheet, that works great. When fully frozen, toss them in a labeled resealable bag and store in the freezer. To reheat, just put them in the oven on a baking sheet at 350F for 20 minutes or until heated through.