Freezable Whole Wheat Ravioli is…
Why eat out when you can check all these boxes yourself and have a healthy pasta dish that the whole family will love?
This recipe was inspired by lilluna.com. We scoured the internet for whole grain, compliant ravioli and finally found this awesome Engine 2 brand available at Whole Foods.
- 8 oz frozen ravioli 100% whole wheat, no sugar added, see notes
- 1 cup marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup frozen chopped kale or frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat marinara over medium heat. Stir in kale and pasta. Spoon pasta mixture evenly into two oven-safe au gratin dishes. Top evenly with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake at 350 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and top with basil.
- Assemble as directed. Cover tightly and freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- Thaw completely and bake as directed.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Can’t wait to try it!