This Clean Eating BBQ Sauce recipe was originally created for our BBQ Meatloaf, but it was so good that we have used it on many other things. So, we decided to put it out as a standalone recipe. This is a sweet and sticky sauce that goes great on just about anything you want to BBQ.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp strawberry fruit-only preserves
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
This Post Has 9 Comments
Thank you! I will try this as I haven’t been able to find a clean BBQ sauce at the store. Hopefully the family will like too.
Might try it without the braggs
Any pointers on how to turn this idae into a spicy sauce?
I think there are several directions you could go.
1) Just add cayenne pepper at the end. Mix a little in and check it. Add more if necessary.
2) I’ve seen some jalapeno bbq sauces out there. I would just replace the white vinegar in this recipe with the juice from a pickled jalapeno jar and also add some finely chopped jalapenos from the same jar.
3) You could just add your favorite hot sauce or experiment with different ones like habanero hot sauce or Frank’s red hot.
“Mustard”… Yellow mustard? Powdered mustard?
Is there any way to make a sugar free BBQ sauce?
Try this one! https://www.9010nutrition.com/blog/recipe/low-carb-bbq-sauce/
Thank you…sounds good