These Clean Eating All-In Burgers is not for the weak of appetite. It requires you to go all in and commit. Shoestring sweet potatoes, fire-roasted jalapeños, bacon, guacamole, juicy beef—well, you get the idea.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 jalapeno
- 4 slices uncured bacon no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 tomato sliced into thin strips
- 4 Tbsp guacamole see notes, no sugar listed in ingredients
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup no sugar listed in ingedients, optional
- 2 Tbsp mustard optional
- 12 slices dill pickles no sugar or colors added, optional
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns no high fructose corn syrup
Shoestring Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel sweet potatoes. Using a spiralizer, process sweet potato into long spirals. (Alternatively, grate using a cheese grater.) Add to a medium bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Arrange on a baking sheet (line with parchment paper to make easier clean up.) Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 400 20 minutes. Stir. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and beginning to brown.
Fire Roasted Jalapeños
- Stem jalapeños and cut in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and membranes.
- Using tongs, carefully hold jalapeños over an open flame (a gas stove works great for this!) until skin is blackened and blistery. (Alternatively, place skin side up on a baking sheet and broil 2 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until skin is blackened and blistery.) Slice and set aside.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions, to your desired level of crisp.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Divide beef into 4 equal portions. Roll each into a ball and then flatten with hands. Grill 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness, placing cheese on each patty for the last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Layer burgers with patties, bacon, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, jalapeños, pickles (if desired), shoe string potatoes, and ketchup and mustard (if using).