Do not let one more day go by without making these amazing, healthy Cheesy Avocado Quesadillas! These kid-friendly ‘dillas are perfect for a delightful healthy weeknight dinner or even for wowing dinner guests.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner, or ground turkey
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 can green chiles 4.5 oz
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 2 each avocado
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 8 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- Heat medium skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Brown beef, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, salt, oregano, paprika, pepper, green chiles and tomatoes. Stir well and cook until all liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally, about 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread butter on one side of one tortilla. Heat another large skillet (or griddle) to high heat (about 400 degrees if using an electric griddle.) Place tortilla buttered side down on hot surface. Top with 1/4 beef mixture and 1/4 the avocado chunks, and 1/2 cup cheese. Spread butter on one side of a second tortilla, and place buttered side up on top of first tortilla. Let cook 1-2 minutes longer or until browned on the bottom. Carefully turn over and cook 2-3 minutes on second side, or until browned on the bottom. Remove from heat and set aside. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
This Post Has One Comment
Another great recipe to try!