It is berry season (when I’m writing this)! All sorts of fresh berries are on sale all around town! There are even farmers’ markets, pick your own, and the home garden which offer the colorful sweet berries in all kinds of varieties.
The home garden is a little more of a challenge for some people (me!) so I prefer the farmers’ market whenever possible. Whatever the opposite of a “green thumb” is, that’s what I have. Black thumb? Sure. Let’s go with that. My dad can grow anything. Me? Nothing. Well, technically it grows but something else always harvests it before I can.
One of my favorite ways to eat fresh berries is with homemade whipped cream on top. Unfortunately, dairy isn’t always my friend, and heavy cream is on the yellow tier. That’s a lot of yellow tier calories that I really don’t want to “spend” on whipped cream. Mostly. Sometimes, it’s worth it.
Fortunately, this healthy whipped coconut cream is mostly green tier (the pure maple syrup does add some yellow tier calories) and is dairy free and vegan. Plus, with only 3 ingredients, it’s super easy and inexpensive also.
- 1/4 cup coconut cream see notes
- 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries
- Add coconut cream to the bowl of a stand mixer. Chill bowl, whisk attachment, and cream in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Fit mixer with bowl and whisk. Mix on high 2 minutes. Add syrup and vanilla. Mix on high another 5 minutes or until fluffy. Serve over berries.
If that doesn’t look good to you, I don’t know what will!
This Post Has 0 Comments