I have two words for you: You’re Welcome. Oh, and “Healthy Beef Enchiladas”.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 8 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 4 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- Preheat oven to 350. While oven is heating, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in broth, whisking constantly. Stir in seasonings until smooth.
- Cook beef and onion in a medium skillet. Stir in 1 cup sauce and 1 cup cheese.
- Fill tortillas with beef mixture. Roll up. Place seam side down in greased 13X9 casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce over rolled tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Make sauce according to directions above. Make filling and assemble enchiladas as directed above. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Cover tightly and freeze.
- To cook after freezing, thaw completely. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Looks delicious and so easy!
Looks good! Want to try to see if the family will like.