I was amazed at how fast these cooked in the air fryer! The flavor and texture of these healthy air fryer chicken nuggets are superb, and you won’t miss the grease of frying or the “bread” of breading. I am a self-professed ketchup lover, and I didn’t even need ketchup for these.
If you’re looking for an air fryer, we’ve tried a couple of air fryers and like this Cuisinart one the best.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2 each egg
- 4 Tbsp almond milk
- Cut chicken into small chunks. (Hint, place in freezer for about an hour to make them easier to cut.) Set aside.
- Combine almond meal, parmesan, salt, paprika, garlic and onion in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine egg and almond milk in another small bowl. Set aside.
- Dip each nugget into egg mixture, then dredge in almond meal mixture to coat. Shake off excess. Place breaded nugget on tray of air fryer. Repeat with remaining chicken and breading.
- Air fry at 400 for 8-10 minutes, turning once half way through.
Do you have a Pinterest account? Save this recipe to your Pinterest boards easily with this handy Pinterest graphic. This one would go great on any keto boards, LCHF boards, or air fryer boards. Just click the Pinterest icon and save! Easy.
We made these air fryer chicken nuggets in our favorite air fryer. It’s different than the deep basket style that you often see. So, it lets you lay things out easier without pieces touching. It also works as a toaster oven and a convection oven. So, it may actually replace other appliances for you. You can get this model on Amazon here.
This is literally the best of all worlds. It’s low carb, gluten free, healthy, not deep fried, quick, simple, easy…need I go on? I love recipes like this where it doesn’t feel like you are compromising anything!
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets - Sides and Condiments
These would go great with some ketchup (they make some sweetened with honey now), some ranch (make your own here), or some bbq sauce (make your own low carb version here). If you’re trying to stay in keto, just make sure you watch the condiments you use.
For an easy “1-2-3 Eat!” meal, just pair these with a healthy veggie and a healthy starch. For keto, just use two veggies.