All your favorite flavors of Italy and summer collide with the comfort of lasagna in this gorgeous and impressive White Chicken Caprese Lasagna that works as well at a casual family dinner as it does an elegant dinner party.
This recipes was adapted from thecookierookie.com
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes julienne cut
- 2 each boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 12 oz cream cheese 1 1/2 packages, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil plus more for garnish if desired
- 12 each 100% whole grain oven ready lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 each fresh mozzarella cut and rolled in sheets
- 12 each grape tomatoes optional, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar optional, for garnish
- Combine sun dried tomatoes and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cooked and shredded chicken, artichokes, 1 cup mozzarella, grated parmesan, 1/4 cup basil and sun dried tomatoes in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Add cream cheese, milk, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth. Stir about 1 1/2 cups cream cheese mixture into the bowl with the chicken mixture.
- Take about 3/4 cup of the remaining cream cheese mixture and cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Lay 3 noodles across the cream cheese mixture. Top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Add another layer of 3 noodles, another layer of 1/3 of the chicken mixture, and another layer of noodles. Top the noodles with the remaining chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Unroll fresh mozzarella and lay in an even layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated mozzarella. Bake 25 min. or until heated through. Garnish with additional basil and grape tomatoes if desired. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, if desired.
This Post Has 0 Comments