- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- spices see notes
- 2 oz uncured deli meat look for no nitrites, nitrates, or added sugars
- 1 oz cheese any variety of hard cheese such as cheddar, swiss, or pepperjack
- 1/4 each tomato sliced thin
- 1 each lettuce just one or two leaves
- 1/4 each avocado sliced, optional
- 1 slice uncured bacon cooked, optional
- 1 each pickle sliced, optional
- mustard optional
- mayonnaise optional, look for no sugar added
- Preheat the oven to 425 deg
- Melt coconut oil. Add oil and all remaining ingredients to a blender and pulse until just mixed and smooth.
- Pour the batter into a small pot pie pan or a single well of a large muffin tin. We used the small pot pie pan shown in the picture. Silicone bakeware would be ideal for these.
- Bake for 15 minutes. NOTE: You may need to adjust baking time for your cookware. Our first attempt at this recipe was in ceramic ramekins and they took longer (25 minutes) but also stuck in the ramiken too much. These metal pie pans only took 15 minutes and produced a great result.
- Allow to cool before slicing and assembling sandwich.
- Assemble sandwich by layering meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado if desired, bacon if desired, and pickle if desired in between bun slices, along with any condiments.