I remember when I was growing up, my dad grew tomatoes. (I seriously promise this is NOT an unrelated life-story that you have to read before you get to the recipe. I hate that!) But, if you’re a tomato grower, you probably know them as TOOmatoes. Meaning, there are always more than you can use. Too many. My mom would serve sliced fresh tomatoes with salt as a side dish. (YUM)
Well, even if you don’t have tomatoes you’re trying to use up, this air fryer charred tomato recipe is such a beautiful side dish! So simple, so inexpensive. And, really, so beautiful! Obviously, your choice of tomatoes will play a role here, so I have a request: if you try this with off-season tomatoes and you’re unimpressed, try them again in season. Or better yet with home-grown or farmers’ market tomatoes.
PS. I’ve tried a couple of air fryers and I love this Cuisinart one the best.
- 2 each beefsteak tomatoes or 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- Remove stems from tomatoes. Cut in half and place halves on air fryer basket. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Air fry at 390 for 25 minutes, or until the edges start to char.
Pin this clean eating air fryer charred tomatoes recipe to your favorite boards so you can remember where to find it. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, Air fryer food boards, vegan/vegetarian boards, and more.