This healthy creamy tomato spinach pasta recipe is so quick and easy that it works for a busy weeknight. It’s also delicious and loaded with nutrients from whole grains and healthy spinach.
- 1/2 lb whole grain penne use 100% whole grain gluten free if needed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15 oz
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz spinach fresh
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook 8 minutes or to desired doneness.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper (if using), salt, and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted and incorporated. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in pasta. Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Pin this creamy tomato spinach pasta recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, pasta recipe boards, and more.
This Post Has 0 Comments