Are you avoiding snacks to stay under a certain calorie restriction?
Are you unsure of what to eat for a snack?
Are you eating 2-3 Large meals per day?
Do you binge eat? Are you always craving “bad” food?
This is what I’ve found in my experience when eating 5-6 small meals per
day, as opposed to 2-3 larger meals.
1) I’m less hungry when I do sit down to eat, so I make better choices.
2) I have a more balanced and sustained energy level (as opposed to feeling
really tired right after I eat).
3) I’m in a better mood…seriously!!! You don’t want to mess with me when
I’m hangry (hungry+angry)
4) I perform better in my workouts (when I’m overly full, or overly hungry
working out is no fun!)
5) I actually eat LESS calories while staying satisfied because I don’t get
extreme “gotta-have-it-now” cravings, since I don’t allow myself to get
overly hungry. I don’t binge eat, also since I’m not allowing myself to get
too hungry, and I don’t eat late at night (because I’ve been eating all day,
and am not hungry after dinner). If I DO get hungry after dinner, I just
eat another small snack.
Here are some ideas for snacking; But we also have a pinterest board
dedicated to 90/10 approved snacks:
First photo – Apple with all 1 Tbsp all natural nut butter (no sugar,
ingredients should say peanuts or almonds and maybe salt)
Second photo – 1 cup of Carrots and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
Third photo – 1 cup of veggies and 1/4 cup hummus
Fourth photo – 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, tsp of honey and a dash of