It’s easy to get dehydrated in the summer. There is so much to do and so many wonderful activities to participate in all season long and we all want to be as active as possible.
Water consumption and hydration is incredibly important all of the time but dehydration occurs more quickly when you’re in the hot sun enjoying an active lifestyle. Keep in mind that caffeinated and alcoholic beverages actually suck the moisture right out of you so keep those drinks to a minimum.
Water is always your best bet but can be considered boring by some folks so here’s a great way to dress up it up to make sure you drink enough everyday!
FRUIT JUICE CUBES
- Use a regular ice cube tray and fill each spot with your favorite 100% juice or homemade fruit puree. *Think lemons, limes, oranges, pineapple, watermelon, berries – the possibilities are endless!*
- If you’re using lemon or lime juice, you may want to cut each cube with a little bit of water since the flavors are strong.
- You can even add extra pieces of fruit directly to the drink for even more flavor.
- If you’re a fan of mint flavor, crush up mint leaves and add a bit to each cube as well.
- Add frozen cubes to water or seltzer water and enjoy great flavors as the cubes melt!